Sometimes I Hate Public Transport

I catch the bus to work everyday. Sometimes I catch the bus to uni, and sometimes I catch the bus to random places just because. Normally, I quite enjoy my bus trip. I don't have to think and I can sit back and relax. This morning was a completely different story.

Generally in the morning when Tom and I catch the bus, we try to get on the bus that we can get a seat on. However, this morning we were running a little bit late so we jumped ont he first bus that arrived. It was standing room only. That's okay though, I can handle standing up if I've got something to hold onto. This was not that case this morning as I ended up in the bit where the only thing to hang onto is those handles that dangle from the ceiling. These things may be a great idea if you're tall but if not, they're pretty much useless. I spent the whole trip hanging on for dear life. By the end of the trip, my hand was starting to lose feeling. What made the whole thing worse was that at the next stop after mine, people got off the bus and more space was freed up. But did anyone standing up actually move from their position? No! Then to add insult to injury at the next stop, more people got off but still no one moved! There were even seats that people could sit on but still they remained firmly glued to their spot on the bus. I was so angry!

Anyway, that's all behind me now. I'm at work. Julie has replenished the lolly jar with high quality Darrel Lea sweeties. Yum! Doing everything I can to resist them but it's not working. I will have to have something healthy for lunch now.

Sorry for those who are waiting for pictures of my newly decorated wall. Forgot the camera today. )c: Pictures will arrive shortly.

0 comments: