School Children are the Devil's Spawn
How on earth do teachers do it?!
Yesterday I helped out at en event at uni called IT Can Take you Anywhere. It was organised by Jenine and the people from WIT. Basically, 1500 schoolgirls came to the uni to see IT people and stuff. OMG it was crazy.
Jules came too and we stuck together all day. Our first job was to man the feedback and showbag table. Give those girls a whiff of free stuff and they go crazy! It was pure pandemonium. There were some cool things in the bag like a mobile phone toggle, some lip gloss and a QANTAM temporary tattoo so we stole some to keep for ourselves.
Julie also gave a demonstration to some primary school kids about Flash. The teacher with them told us that these girls are currently doing some video editing to make a DVD. What the...?! When I was in primary school, I think I saw a computer a grand total of about three times and they were all those dodgy Apple Mac boxes. It's quite possible that some of the girls in the room will finish high school with more skills than I had when I finished uni. Makes you wonder...
Finally, last night the neighbour's cat was possibly hit by a car. Unforunately it was in a very bad way and I don't think it made it. Very sad.
In better news, I found a job that looks good and I'm going to apply for it. Go me!
2 comments:
-
I dont know what a mobile phone toggle is, but it sounds like something we could have had hours of fun with...
Good luck with the job application... it's nothing to do with Teamsite is it..?
-
They are so evil you can't just say evil you have to say e-vel, like the fru-et of the dev-el, e-vel. The reason I don't catch a bus to work is because of bloody school kids getting on.