Putting my foot down
For the past three months, I can been working on a project that has
been affectionately titled "The Black Hole". The project manager for
my job is (and I'm being nice here) far too busy to manage the project
properly and as such it has gone down the toilet.
A few weeks ago, I began implimenting a plan to stop the black-hole
effect, where any work I do the project is swallowed up by more
changes from the client. I will admit that I was a bit lenient with
the client and let them have some changes that they shouldn't have
been allowed. Today however, that all stops. No more. I am putting my
foot down. I don't want another repeat of last week where I almost
lost it at work because I felt so overwhelmed.
I received yesterday a document from the client with a lot of changes
in it. Some of them are content changes. Others are not. They are not
getting the others. No more functionality. The buck stops here!
Oh and Fenella is settling in well. Today is her first day home alone.
I am hoping that I come home to an unsoiled house and a not too upset
little kitten.
1 comments:
-
I have some interesting resources from a recent workshop on dealing with "Difficult people" (the boss).
Ben has a copy.
You may be interested.
Be happy to talk to you about it if you wish.