New Car

After months of grumbling about our car and it doing stupid stuff to us, Tom and I are actually going to look at a new car tomorrow. Before I post the link to the new car, I will post the reason for the change:

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the shops to get dinner. At the time, I thought that I was being lazy for not walking, but it was dark and I was hungry. So I drove to the shops and bought groceries. However when I attempted to go home, the car wouldn't start. It wasn't that it wouldn't turn over, it literally wouldn't let me turn the key in the ignition. I was grumpy. I sat in the car for about 10 minutes, trying to get the key to turn but eventually gave up and walked home. I blamed karma.

When Tomas came home, we both walked down the car and Tomas (free of the laziness bad karma) tried to start the car. He too had to no luck. So I called RACQ. The guy came, got in the car, violently jerked the steering wheel from left to right repeatedly and the key turned. We were to say the least, embarrassed.

We told we would need a new ignition lock. So we bought one for $280 and organised to have it installed. On the day on the installation, the locksmith called me and something along the lines of:
"Yeah, you don't need to replace the ignition lock. We cut you some new keys and they worked fine. The old ones were cut wrong."

Um, great.

So now, we are going to look at a car tomorrow that we both like, is a good price and that Jacqui's man Grant says is good (Grant is the person I know with the most car knowledge, so what he says, goes).

Here's the link: thanks for sitting through the story
The car we are looking at tomorrow

1 comments:

  1. Unknown said,

    I agree completely with what Grant must have said. Great car, just a shame it has a roof really and you didn't get the CC....

    on 2:33 pm