Monday Night is Golf Night

Whilst we were on holidays, Tom took me to the driving range in Bundaberg and showed me the basics of hitting the ball. Despite my misgivings, I persisted and by the end of the session I was managing to hit the ball not only about 50-75 metres but straight as well. Thanks to my success, I'm now determined to hit the ball further (say at least 125 metres) so I've decided that Monday night is Golf Night.

Last night, being a Monday night, we went to the driving range. I have to say that I'm improving. I haven't reached the 125m mark yet but I'm getting closer. My swing is also improving - slowly. There are a lot of things to do in a golf swing and I'm finding it hard to coordinate all of my body parts to do them. For example, on the back swing you must:

  • keep you head down and look at the ball
  • drop your left shoulder
  • move your waist after you've droped the shoulder
  • keep your left arm straight
  • bend your right arm
  • bend your left leg
  • straighten your right leg
And that's just going back to hit the ball. So much to learn!

The highlight of the night was hitting the golf cart that drives around and collects the balls of the driving range. I hit it right in the middle of the cage that protects the driver. Without the cage, I would have hit the driver in the head. (c: Beware of Amanda on the golf course!

0 comments: