Bus Rage and Footpath Rage

I like to consider myself as a normally calm and composed person but there are situations when this just isn't the case. For example, buses, escalators and footpaths. Allow me to elaborate:

  1. Buses
  2. I don't drive - yet fingers crossed for the test so I catch a lot of buses. I am also very aware of what is appropriate behaviour on a bus - bus etiquette - however, I am often reduced to fumes when people blatently flaunt the bus rules. Here are some examples:

    • When on a full bus, you getting on and standing at the front, making everyone who gets on after to you have to push past you. I normally do this quite rudly as it's annoying and generally there's not a lot of space to manevour in.
    • Running after the bus once it has already left. Accept it - you've missed the bus. Sometimes this makes me laugh, sometimes this makes me angry especially if the bus driver stops for them.
      True Story 1: woman chases bus down Adelaide St, bus driver stops, woman gets on and begins to berate the bus driver for leaving too soon. Firstly, the bus stopped for you so therefore you should be grateful. Secondly, bus drivers leave when their clock on the bus says its time to go. They're not going to wait around because the clock on City Hall doesn't say 5:45 yet. Thirdly, the next bus leaves in 15 minutes so its not like you'll be stranded.
      True Story 2: woman chases the bus down Adelaide St and then pays the driver with a $20 note and we all know how much bus drivers hate those.
    • When catching the bus to uni (Griffith University, Mt Gravatt Campus) do not get on the 134, 135, or 155. These are the ONLY buses that go the Nathan Campus. There are plenty of other buses that stop at Mt Gravatt (130, 133, 140, 150, 160, 111 ). By getting on the Nathan campus bus you're just making it more crowded and anyone who's caught that bus knows that it doesn't need anymore people on it!

    These are just a few there are many more that frustrate me.



  3. Footpath/Escaltors/Stairs

    What ever happened to keep left?! Surely I'm not the only person left in the world who remembers this simple maxim of politeness but there are times when it appears that way.

So, beware if you ever see me on the bus, or the footpath. I may not be kind to you (c:

2 comments:

  1. Vanessa said,

    Should "bus ettiquite" be shortened to "buttiqute" to reflect our information age??

    on 7:44 am


  2. Anonymous said,

    How about just 'butt' because that is what it is a pain in ... to catch a bus that is!

    on 7:27 pm