The Fruit and Vege Box

Fruit and Vege Box
In an effort to curb our spending and have more variety in our fruit and vegetables Tomas and I have signed up for a weekly delivery of local organic produce. This is our second week and above is our box for the week. 

The company we are using is called Food Connect. They source all their vegetables from within 5 hours of Brisbane - this week our tomatoes are from Bundaberg. Each week you get a newsletter that tells you about the food in the box, the farmers and the City Cousins who distribute the food. 

In the box last week that was new for us was Silverbeet. This week it's a mystery vegetable. We thought it was Kale but after eating we're not too sure. It tasted like bok choy. We've eaten it all so there are no pictures to identify it from.

Last week I made Apple Pie because we had lots of apples. It was delicious. This week, we had bananas left over from the week before (I know, this sounds impossible but they were lady fingers) so I made banana bread. 


Banana Bread

0 comments: