Possibly scarred for life
Last night was the worst night I have had for a long time. The two things that I hold closest to my heart were damaged last night.
Firstly, I hurt our car. Not the old nasty red one, but the beautiful, shiny, new, best-thing-in-the-world one. I was parking and had got a little too close to the column so I thought I'd reverse out and fix it up. Turns out I was closer than I thought and realised too late that my passenger side mirror was on a collision course with the column. Needless to say, I no longer have a passenger side mirror. My first instinct was for swearing, then for uncontrollable crying.
Luckily though I only got the mirror. I didn't damage the body in anyway. So very, very lucky.
Secondly, I hurt Tomas. After I had hideously disfigured the car, I called Tomas. He was very calm and when he got home tried to give the car some corrective surgery to at least make it look better. Unfortunately, the cut glass decided to give him some surgery back. It is a deep cut, but thankfully not a big one. A big thanks goes to Ben, who drove Tom to the hospital as I was too distraught to consider getting back in the car.
So, there you have it. I will mostly like have a phobia of concrete columns for a little while, but long after the memory fades, Tomas will be able to point to the scar on his finger had remind me of the time I backed the car into the mirror and blubbered uncontrollably for half an hour.
2 comments:
-
The first crash and bash is always the hardest...
Hope you're ok.
-
Any crash you walk way from with no one hurt - is GOOD.
That is why you have all that metal around you.
Metal is easier to fix than flesh.