I shall call him "Nubbin"

I have a lump. He's been with me for approximately 6 months now, living happily in my groin. He doesn't do anything and is quite small so given my history of groin lumps, I decided to just monitor it and see what happens. So after six months of nothingness, I decided to get him checked out.

The doctor felt my lump and described it as baked bean, which I found amusing. She also didn't think it was much to worry about thinking it be likely be a lymph node, but to be sure, sent me off for an ultrasound.

It turns out that my lump probably wasn't a lymph node. It's a lipoma.

That's right, Nubbin is a tumour.

Thankfully, a lipoma is a small benign tumour comprised mainly of fatty-tissue.

So the plan is to leave Nubbin where he is, happy, safe and warm unless things change.

0 comments: