Fire engines


Fire engines, originally uploaded by amandainthecorner.

How exciting!

Around 1 this afternoon the fire alarm went off in our building - in fact it went off for all of kangaroo point tafe. Everyone from our rooms who didn't go to the pub looked warily at each other with an expression that said: should we evacuate? The answer of course was yes.

Unfortunately the building wasn't actually on fire. But on the plus side, we did get to spend 20 minutes outside and there were firemen and firetrucks (disappointingly firemen don't look like the do on the calendar in real life)

On our way back in I snapped this picture of the firetruck for the purposes of illustrating my blog entry.

3 comments:

  1. Jules said,

    Well you didn't meet Missy which was my first thought BUT AWESOME!!! I so would have gone to the pub :) that sounds like a good fire evacuation plan. As floor warden for floor 10 I think I should change our marshalling point to the pub instead of the gardens...much more interesting!!!

    Good job tho...and nice piccy :)

    I am green with envy!

    on 1:57 pm


  2. Jules said,

    Sorry me again...

    I just wanted to say that I think the best sentence of that post is:

    "Unfortunately the building wasn't actually on fire."

    That's gold!

    on 2:04 pm


  3. Unknown said,

    I'd appreciate an evacuation. If only our wire warden had been trained :)

    on 3:04 pm