Imagination
I have an overactive imagination at times. Actually my imagination is working on something completely unrelated to what I'm doing most of the time. When I sleep, I have the most bizzare and sometimes inspiring dreams probably inspired by the weird and wonderful things I think of to get me to sleep in the first place. When I'm walking to work, I'm either working on a plot line for a book I'd like to read or a movie I'd like to see. If I'm by myself at home, I could be thinking anything.
I have two problems with this. Firstly I have never really made an effort to harness this imaginative thought. Occaisionally, I might write something down if I think it's really good idea but that's about my limit. What if there's an Eistein-like idea sitting inside my head that could solve a major world problem? What if?
Secondly, I can normally keep my imagination in check when I'm around other people. I enjoy the company of my friends and family so I try to keep my internal musings to a minimum. Yesterday however, this was far from the case. I spent all day inside my own head. While I'm having a wonderful time, I'm not sure that I can say the same about Tomas. So Tom, today I am going to try and be a little more sociable with you. Slient car trips aren't much fun.