Flag?
I noticed this morning that my blog has a new feature. In fact, everyone's blog has a new feature - the flag button in the blogger toolbar.
What Blogger has to say about the Flag button
I can see both sides of the argument for this new feature. Anyone who's ever surfed the blogs in blogger will know that there is a proliferation of blogs that are simply adverstising or a means to get your sites ranked higher in Google. This is annoying. Interestingly though, I've only ever come across one porn blog.
On the otherside of the argument, my blog is my space to say what I wish. Why should the 'Net Nannies' of the world decide if the content on my blog is questionnable? If the content on my blog is deemed unacceptable then blogger will delist my blog (keep it up on the web but remove it from any public listings) does this mean that it's no longer available in a web search? If so, this means that my blog is essentially abandoned. No one will find it.