The box...
The other day on my lunch break I passed a computer shop having a closing down sale. I had a look - everything interesting had gone. Or so I thought. Hiding under a table was the most exciting thing I'd seen that day. I enquired about whether or not I could have and I am proud to report that WMS - or the Pretty Pod as we have renamed ourselves - are now the proud owners of a giant Studio MX box.
Every day when I get into work, I see it sitting on the table and I smile. For that reason alone I feel that it was worth it. Other people on our floor don't understand it though. When asked by my Assistant Director (who is also partly my manager - it's government, best not to ask) what it was I said: a conversation piece. She is not keen on it though. Yesterday she announced that it was time for the box to go. I protested. That box makes me happy. It is now hiding under the table as I fear that it might be taken away from me at night. If I am forced to part with the box, my only request is that it stay until Friday when I can take a picture or myself and the box to remember the good times.