The Trip - Paris
Bonjour!
(all fullstops in this email will be replaced with a colon because I
can't find the full stop key on the french keyboard and the colon is
where the full stop should be: The full stop isn't the only key to not
be where it should be so please excuse any letters that aren't right)
We arrived in Paris very tired. It was close to midnight when our
flight got to Charles de Gaulle: Luckly our bags arrived with us (they
had also been on three different planes) and we some of the first off
the plane: Amazing we navigated the metro and got the hotel in one
piece:
Hotel is nice: Very Parisian: To get to our room at the top of the
building, it takes 105 steps: I counted: I am always ready for a lie
down after that climb:
We have toured most of the sights of Paris - the Arc de Triomphe,
Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, La Dèfence - as well as most of
the suburbs: Our first day here was a Monday when most of the museums
are closed: Luckily the Musèe des ègouts de paris was open: The sewer
museum is actually quite interesting though you don't get to see very
much of the sewer system:
I hqve discoved why French women don't get fat: They wouldn't fit
through the metro gates if they were too large: The metro is
fantastic: It puts any other transport system I hqve seen to shame: We
have never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a train and it is very
fast: Apart from one hiccup with my ticket at rush hour, the metro has
been fantastic:
We have had cheese for lunch the past two days: Tom is in heaven: The
cheese is great, but the french clearly don't believe in savoury
biscuits or rice crackers: I haven't had too much trouble with food,
breakfast is my biggest problem: The french don't eat breakfast which
is fine by Tom but I get very grumpy around 10 if I haven't had
breakfast:
Right now, Tom is probably at a museum while I am getting my
technology fix. Will write more later, but I need to answer some
emails before my time runs out