After 300 metres, turn left

It's been roughly two years since I got a new phone and although I loved my old phone, the fact that it would sometimes turn the screen off and make me restart it before I could see anything was getting a bit annoying. So on Wednesday after heading home from work early, I decided it was time to get a new phone. Called 3 Customer Care and organised for my plan to be upgraded and a new phone to be shipped to on Friday.

I chose the Nokia 6110 Navigator - just like Cam. I love it. I went with this phone over the others purely because it has GPS. So exciting.

Today, I gave my new phone, whom I have called Agnetha, her first navigating challenge. Navigate from my house to Lutwyche where Tom's parents had invited us to breakfast. I was mighty impressed by Agnetha's directing. Especially because the route she chose was not the one that we normally take, so we ignored her but she was stubborn - recalculating our route faster than it took to drive to the next street. Needless to say there was a lot of "Turn left, then right", "Turn left at the second street" and "Turn left then immediately turn left" as she tried to get us back onto her course. Eventually, she gave it and let us go our way.

However love, in this case, is not blind. I can see her flaws. Like how I am always accidentally pressing the navigator button when I in the menu and how I have not yet figured if there is a way to relock the phone when you unlock it from the slide closed position. But I am overlooking these for now for there is a bigger problem, the software supplied (the nokia and GPS software) is not Mac compatible. You can download iSync but for it to work with Agnetha I need an additional plug-in. Le sigh.

0 comments: